Like all surfaces, IceStone® will show signs of everyday wear and tear over time. With common sense care, and regular sealing and waxing, you can maintain the beauty and quality of your IceStone® surface for years to come.
Caring for Your IceStone Surface
- Immediately wipe up spills with a damp cloth and water, especially acidic liquids like coffee, wine, fruit juices, and vinegar.Use CHENG Concrete Countertop Polish on your surface once a week to maximize the durability of the sealer and wax.
- Use cleaning products that are free of chlorine bleach, ammonia, acids or citrus scents. Avoid harsh cleaning products such as Windex, Brillo, Ajax, Spic n’ Span and Clorox Greenworks. Instead, use the cleaning product recommended in these guidelines.
- Place a tray under coffee machines and soap dispensers to prevent any drips from staining and etching the surface.
- As with all surfaces, use trivets and cutting boards to help protect the surface and sealer.
Sealing & Waxing Guidelines
IceStone, LLC requires that the fabricator seal and wax the surface before or at the time of installation. A typical installation requires resealing and rewaxing every 6-12 months.
To determine if it's time to reseal your IceStone, simply sprinkle water on various areas of the surface. If the water beads up, the sealer is intact. If IceStone soaks up the water, it's time to reseal. IceStone should be resealed and rewaxed after removing a stain or etch mark.
To seal and wax IceStone surfaces
- Pour acetone directly on the surface and wipe it clean and dry with a white cotton cloth. The acetone removes any residual sealer, wax and dirt.
- Apply one our recommended sealers by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Use CHENG Concrete Countertop Polish once a week to maximize the durability of the sealer and wax. Contact Customer Service for a care and maintenance schedule if your installation is in a commercial area.
Oxy-Klenza can be mixed into a paste with water and applied as a stain removing poultice. Always test the poultice on an inconspicuous area to ensure there will be no discoloration resulting from the procedure:
- Remove any residual sealer and wax with acetone.
- Mix Oxy-Klenza and water into a thick paste and apply to the stain. Cover with a damp paper towel and cover towel with plastic wrap. Let sit for 24 hours, then remove and rinse with clean water; air dry.
IceStone, LLC recommends StoneTech BulletProof, a high performance water-based sealer. If your IceStone was sealed with a solvent-based product, apply Protex by Tenax when resealing. If it was sealed with Meta Crème Next Generation Impregnating Sealer, always reseal with that product. Meta Crème must be applied by a Dry Treat Authorized Applicator.
Click here to find an Dry Treat Authorized Applicator in your area.
Download Care & Maintenance Guidelines
Download Fabrication Guidelines